Monday, May 3, 2010

odds and ends


I'm sitting in the quiet front room of our schul while my daughters are taking ballet from one of the talented young ladies of the congregation. I am very grateful for her. My girls can take dance and I don't have to worry about them learning steps or "movements" that I don't approve of. To much of what I've seen in the schools looks like it could be done on a pole. Not what I want my little girls doing. And don't get me started on the costumes and make-up. And since she is from the congregation, I don't have to worry about Saturday recitals. I am very grateful indeed.

I guess quiet is a relative term. If the guy across the street would turn off his blower it would be quiet. What makes that so funny is that the wind is blowing like crazy right now. It is blowing so hard that the windows are shaking and fans in the heater are spinning. Sometimes the howling is so loud, it makes me cringe. Oh well, I guess he needs to earn his paycheck somehow.

I'm feeling pretty blessed right now. All my kido's are healthy and growing stronger everyday. The Bar Mitzvah plans are coming along right on time. No major catastrophes happening in my world right now. There are those in the community who are in need of prayer, but I think it will always be that way, until Yeshua comes back anyhow. But now that the kido's are much more self sufficient, I have time to pray more, so that is good.

I wonder if the guy with the blower is praying right now?

1 comment: