Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Day After

Must say I'm still kind of numb today after all the activity yesterday. The party is over, my family is gone and all the "stuff" is back at the house. I would have to say this whole experience was quite amazing. My first thought when I woke up was...it is done. My second thought was Dear God, how will I make it through three more?!
I learned that I am not a good estimator of food. We will be eating tacos for days, even months! I learned that I am not looking forward to weddings. I learned that making something memorable is a lot of hard work and to start early. I am glad we had prepared so much prior to the actual day.
I also learned that a good friend is always there when you need them. I could never in a MILLION years thank all the people who helped pull this thing off. Thank you to everyone who helped me figure out what I was doing and helped by bring pies. Thank you to Josh M. for standing by my son and husband as they prepared Joshua's portion. Thank you so super duper much to the Jediot and their families who kept me on task and organized and took the reigns for me and kept everything moving. For all the young people who directed traffic and served food, I will be forever grateful. To my congregation that shared in the joy of the day and made all our guests feel so welcome and were so generous to my son, I thank you with all my heart. To all the guests and family who came either in person or on dimdim I would like to thank you for joining us on such and important day.
Last night Josh hugged me and said "This was the best day ever!"
His dad asked him this morning what was the most important thing he had learned. "That if I stick with something long enough, I can do anything."
He also asked what was the most memorable part. "Standing over the Torah and reading my portion."
I think we did good.

2 comments:

  1. You did not just 'good', my friend, but awesome! I'm so glad the day turned out so wonderful for you! Josh, you did a fantastic job! I love you all! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, weddings? You have to have a coordinator to help you, my friend :-) Please don't think you are going to plan that all yourself!

    The Jediot are honored to have been a part :-)

    ReplyDelete