Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not a morning person

I sometimes (usually in the late afternoon) envy morning people. You know the ones, who jump up out of bed and don't need caffeine to make them move and are chipper and productive. I have one in my household, the rest of us kind of stifle her by groaning at her when she wakes us up with her chipperness. I hear of people who get up and have time with the Lord and have the house clean and finished weeding the garden all before I have even decided whether or not to get out of my bed yet. I'm not one of those.
Now I can get up if I have to. On rare occasion when I schedule an appointment or have to be someplace, I can get up and shower and be dressed. But that doesn't mean I am awake. In fact I have been known to have my eyes open and moving around and talking for hours and not been fully awake. That takes talent my friend! But I'm not usually very nice. Or motivated. Or coherent.

For me, I become really alive about ten in the morning. Then the old mind starts a moving and the day gets a truckin'. The house gets clean, the homeschooling gets interesting and the caffeine kicks in. Then we have some fun. Errands get run, bills get paid, children get motivated. We usually get a good dinner, unless we are out and about and end up with spaghetti, and then quality time with daddy. All evening we can be happy and chipper and play nicely. Then about 9:30ish the kido's head to bed and my sweetheart and I have adult time til we decide to go to bed. Since he is gone all day at work, (praying we can get out of that situation soon) this is a good set up for us.

I wonder what time morning people go to bed. Are they as useless in the evenings as I am in the mornings? Do we get the same amount done just in different times? I don't know, but I'm not willing to find out myself. I'll have to wait til tomorrow morning when they are up checking their blog lists and responding while I roll over. I'll read about it around 10:30ish. ^.^

3 comments:

  1. I'm married to a morning person...he gets up at 3:30. That would be AM! Yeah, he's as chipper as he ever gets, but not real talkative. He just functions better in the morning. And he hits the sack around 7-ish in the evening...right about the time that my brain really starts to catch some tailwind!

    Ah well...we meet somewhere in the middle... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hear you, my friend. I do get up pretty early and read my favorite blogs, etc., but I still am not a morning person - I get most productive later in the day. In fact, I think I'm ready to start cleaning the house now (8:15 PM)! lol! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a morning person..? NO?! REALLY? I had NO idea!! ( how well does sarcasm travel over the internet? hehe!)

    As for me.. bed time is about 6 pm.. your time. lol( that's 9 pm est) and that is about as far as I get most days now. i can almost wake up at 4 am with no alarm clock.,,, that's also about the time Abby crawls into my bed every morning lol.
    Aaron of course is not awake until the sun goes down. shakes head....

    ReplyDelete