Thursday, February 25, 2010

Submission


I can't even tell you how long I have been working on the submission thing. When God told Eve she was going to have some problems of her own after cursing all of mankind, He was not kidding! I've had control issues all my life. It has caused me to be rebellious even if it has been displayed as passive aggressiveness. I am getting better and am learning to allow myself to" just let it go". ..but other people sure make that hard! I guess I am not the only one who knows best ^.^ and I must remember that if I don't want to be in charge, I need to let others who do, do their thing and not complain. It's the not complain thing that I am working on.


Waiting for God's timing has been hard, I usually want what I want yesterday. But in God's infinite wisdom and with His great sense of humor, He has continually put me in situations that stretch me. He has made sure that I allow others to have the same joy from serving me as I have for serving others. He has made sure that I am grateful for the gifts He has given me by making me wait for them. He has also made sure that I am prepared clear to my heart before blessing me with His gifts.


Submitting to earthly authority has been a bit challenging too. I have no problem following rules and laws. That isn't what I mean. I mean people that have charge over me personally. Parents, Leaders, Teachers.... the like. I seldom act out openly, but boy can I drag my feet and grumble. Especially if I think they are wrong and I have no power to change anything. I work daily to be respectful of others opinions and seek wisdom in letting others experiences help me.


My sweetheart and I once attended a conference where the submission word was taught. Man I had trouble with that early on in our marriage. I was just as good as any man! The couple teaching was amazing. They talked about who they were in submission to and how that worked in their marriage. They broke the word down into two parts...sub and mission. Sub meaning under and mission meaning plan. It wasn't about giving up my will , but trusting that my man had my best interest at heart. He in return trusted that I would not harm that mission and respected me and my opinion. He doesn't control me and I don't control him. We are a team and he is the head coach and I am the assistant. Our mission as a couple has been clearly defined by us. We have talked about it and planned what we want for our lives together. We both agree what that mission is. We both also trust that the other would only do and lead us toward the goal of that mission. So being in submission to my sweetheart is the one place I don't struggle anymore. I trust him . (Wow, I just realized that I have trust issues with God. Hmmm must ponder that.)


Today will be better than yesterday, I will stop complaining about what I have no control over and be happy that God is in charge and His will is what is best for me and the ones I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment