Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So....


So....as you may have seen in my last blog, I am on a diet. I'm not going to call it anything else because the word "die" is in it, please people, get a grip. If you need to be on a diet, it really doesn't matter what you call it, it is hard work and usually not fun but necessary. I'm using a system, I know it will work, it doesn't mean I have to like it. I like food that is fattening, hence my current size. I like rich, carb loaded foods. So no matter what, I'm not going to like vegetables, I just have to live with them, kinda like zits. Yes, they are that appealing to me.


So....why am I on a diet this time? Couple of reasons. One is that I may need to fly to my dear mommy's house to help her out. Fat people and airplanes don't mix. Seats aren't made for people much bigger than a size 14, and I am way past that. The last time I went down to help her out, I was miserable and so was the poor guy next to me. And my pride will not let me buy two seats.


So....the other reason is I need to be able to do more with my kids. I want to get on the roller coasters with them. I want to go on long hikes with them without my joints going ballistic. I want to be able to sit comfortably in the backseat of the car if I need to. I want to go bike riding with them and not worry about being able to get the seat out of where it isn't supposed to be. I want to hold them in my lap even when they are growing up.


So....it would probably be good if I was doing it for my health or for myself, but who am I kidding. If that was why I was doing this, I wouldn't be the size I am. But I guess it will be a serendipity of dieting. And I'll get new clothes, that's kinda cool. And my sweetheart will be able to wrap his arms all the way around me.


So....I am grumpily on a diet, doing what I have to do to get what I want to have. Doesn't mean I have to like, just have to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I love you...we all love you no matter your size. But I totally understand, so I'm supportive of your diet.

    I hate small airplane seats. :-(

    ReplyDelete