Sunday, May 5, 2013

Regionals

Went to Regionals with my kids last week for speech club last week.  Man was that fun.  I am always so filled with hope and excitement for the future when I see all these young, fired up Christians who are so well versed in God's word and in what is going on in the world around them.  I am blessed by how much talent is getting ready to go out in the world and impact all areas with their enthusiasm for life and God.  Mine included! 
It was fun to come home, more fun even, and listen to the kidos tell stories of their adventures.  They had so much fun.  The kidos that stayed home know most of the people that my speechers were talking about and laughed til they cried.  We were up to the wee hours sharing.  It really will be nice when we all get to go together to these things. 
Alas, no one in our club made it to Nationals.  The kidos are so gracious though, no tears, no anger, no real disappointment.  In fact, mine were not surprised, having learned how to self judge each round they did, which was correctly reflected in their judge ballots.  I think I was probably more sad than they were.  Oh well, there is always next year.
One of my speechers was asked by another parent if they would do speech club next year if I didn't force them to.  I can't begin to tell you how excited and proud I was when they said after a bit of pondering, yes.  I'm glad they see the value in it as much as I do.
So with that, I am ready to expand our club again.  I feel confident in leading club, seeing as half of our club made it to Regionals this year. (Even if there were only three kids there ^.^)  I have talked to a bunch of other successful club leaders and champion speechers to think I have a handle on what to do next year.  The power of association is so awesome.  Both for me and for my kidos.

No comments:

Post a Comment