Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Me Inside of Me

So here I am dieting again.
I'm actually loosing a significant amount of weight here.
But it's not fair.
See, I took a genetic test to find out what type of diet I need to be on.  It is part of system that I purchased.  Did you know your genetics can determine weight loss?  Here is the not fair part.  The test came back and said that my body doesn't process fat well.  Hence, it is stuck all over my body.  It said that for me to actually lose weight I have to cut fat and most meat out of my diet.  It said I need to get protein from plant sources.  And most of all it said that I should eat lots of vegetables.  By the pound I "get" to eat vegetables.  Yup.  Vegetables.  Those things I hate.  A lot.  Always have.  That is the unfair part.  Hmm wonder if that is why I look like I do though.  Wonder if that is why most of the diets I have ever been on never worked, they were mostly protein based. 
One plus is that I am not that limited on carbs.  Now I have yet had potato as part of the meal plan and most "white foods"  are not included, but I like brown rice and with all these gluten free kids around here, there are lots of other choices for pasta.  I miss french fries though. And baked potatoes.  And tator tots.  Yeah, I really miss tator tots.
The other thing the test told me is that my body needs to do high intensity exercises to lose weight.  No gentle walks, no matter how far I go, are going to work for me as well as a high intensity shorter work out.  In fact, with the 12 pounds I've lost, it has come totally from a ten minute work out that gets me really huffing and puffing.   Which is good considering how much trouble my feet are still giving me. 
I have a website that keeps track of my calories, micro nutrients, exercise, and measurements.  It is sure nice to see the graphs with everything going down. 
It was pretty hard at first.  Mainly because I had to eat more calories, which means a lot more food than I was used to.  In the past I didn't eat enough and then it was all the wrong type of things so my body was in starvation mode.  I'm trying to get up to 1500 calories.  I get close most days although I have had a few under 1000. 
As much as I have foods that I miss, and that I really don't care for vegis, I am really happy with the changes I'm seeing.  I feel so much better.  For my birthday my sweetheart and I went to Red Robin for dinner.  I got the same burger I always get but instantly cut it in half and boxed it up.  I had it for 2 meals and the next day I felt yucky.  My stomach was all distended and I had potty issues.  For two days!!  So I haven't done that again and I feel all better.  And I am more alert and awake.  I think that is because I have been more diligent about taking all my vitamins. 
Whatever is working, I am grateful.  I am looking forward to showing everyone the me I see inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment